Home Immigration 8 Important Items You Need to Pack While Coming to Canada

8 Important Items You Need to Pack While Coming to Canada

Coming to Canada is a great opportunity. It’s also one of the most challenging things that can happen to you. The first thing that you need to do is get your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card). Once you have one, you are eligible for all the benefits that Canada has to offer. When it comes to traveling, there are many things that you need in order for your trip to be successful: valid passport, original COPR letter with supporting documents such as photocopy of airline tickets or e-ticket itinerary etc..

8 Important Items You Need to Pack While Coming to Canada

The first thing you should pack is a suitcase. This will help to keep all your important items in one place. It also allows you to separate dirty clothes from clean ones. Some things that you should put in this suitcase are: clothes, toiletries, and personal hygiene products like shampoo or soap. Other important items include:

1. Valid Passport

The first thing that you need to bring with you is a valid passport. You can get one at any of the embassies in your country or from the Canadian Embassy or consulates within your country. If you have an old passport, it’s important that you update it with a new one before leaving home.

  • Your passport must be valid for at least six months after your planned date of departure from the United States.
  • Your passport must have at least two blank pages, and one of those pages should be for visa stamping when you enter Canada (this is required by law).

2. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)

The Canadian government issues a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) to all permanent residents. This card is also known as a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) and it confirms your status as a permanent resident of Canada.

The COPR is valid for 5 years, after which you can renew it if you wish to keep living in Canada.

3. Travel documents for each of your family members travelling with you

It is important to bring travel documents for each of your family members travelling with you. For example, if there are two adults and three children, the parents should bring their passports and visas along with them. The children will then need their birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate or adoption certificate from their home country as well as the confirmation of permanent residence document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

If any member of your family has permanent residency status in Canada then they can use that instead of a passport or visa when travelling out of country for more than six months at a time. However it’s still best practice to have both types on hand as well just in case something happens during an unexpected trip abroad where someone needs emergency access to these documents quickly!

4. Copies of all your relevant documents, including passport and immigration papers

If you’re coming to Canada as a tourist, there are some documents that you should make sure you have with you at all times. These include copies of all your relevant papers, including:

  • Passport or travel document
  • Immigration papers (depending on your nationality)

These can be obtained from your embassy or consulate in the country where it is valid for entry into Canada. If this is not possible, then it will be necessary for them to obtain the same documents from their home country before travelling abroad

5. Original marriage, birth and adoption certificates for you and your family members travelling with you (If Applicable)

Other documents that may be required include: Marriage or civil union certificates for you and your spouse/partner (if applicable) Birth certificates for you, your spouse/partner (if applicable), and any children under 18 travelling with you Divorce decrees if you have been previously married or in a common-law relationship Death certificates of close relatives who are deceased

6. Completed Medical Exam Result Letter if applicable

If you are travelling from a country that is not a designated country, then you will have to complete an International Health Certificate (IHC). If your health history is positive for any of the following conditions:

  • Infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and hepatitis A or B.
  • Parasitic infections such as malaria and schistosomiasis.

These conditions may also include certain other infectious diseases which are reportable in Canada but not in your home country unless they meet all three criteria listed above. In order for these vaccinations to be considered valid by Canadian authorities, all three parts must be completed within one year of arrival in Canada (or more than 12 months if there’s been an interruption).

7. Copy of airline tickets or copy of e-ticket itinerary

If you’re traveling on an e-ticket, you can print out the itinerary from your airline’s website. If you have paper tickets in hand, make sure to bring them with you to your interview as this will help prove that you have a valid ticket for return travel.

It is important to keep a copy of your tickets as it is needed to prove your immigration status in Canada. If you have an e-ticket itinerary, make sure that you have it with you when crossing the border.

8. Any other documents related to your property, business and finances

Even if you are not planning on bringing anything with you to Canada, it is still important that you have a copy of all other documents related to your property and finances. This will help prove that you have a stable source of income and financial stability in the country where you currently live.

You may also need to bring any other documents you think are relevant to your property, business and finances. This is especially important if you’re moving from a country where English is not the primary language.

There are many things that can be useful for this purpose:

  • Documentation on financial matters (e.g., bank statements)
  • Documentation of your business interests (e.g., contracts)


If you plan on coming to Canada, it’s important that you have all the documents ready. You can download the necessary paperwork from our website and put it in an envelope. Next, contact the appropriate authority in your country of origin and ask them if they can certify your documents so that they will be accepted by immigration authorities when you arrive at their Canadian border crossing point.

If possible, ensure that any translations are done by a certified translator or interpreter; otherwise, if something goes wrong during processing (which happens), there may not be enough time left before departure date!

We hope that this article has helped you understand the essentials of traveling to Canada. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. We are always ready to help you!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here