Home Immigration Canada Post-Graduate Work Permit

Canada Post-Graduate Work Permit

A post-graduate work permit is a temporary Canadian visa. It allows you to work in Canada for up to three years and allows you to enter the country at any port of entry (except those listed below). If you want to stay longer, apply for permanent residence or become a citizen of Canada. To apply for permanent residency after your graduation, you must have the following documents. 

You must have:

  • A valid study permit that was issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). You can check your status online at Service Canada MyBenefits Online if you are eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. If not, contact IRCC or CIC directly during business hours for more information about how to apply for unemployment insurance benefits before leaving home country;
  • A post-graduate program approved by an authorized body;
  • An offer letter from the employer confirming this job offer;
  • A confirmation of registration with an authorized body;
  • Proof of funds to support yourself while studying in Canada, such as bank statements showing that you have enough money to pay for tuition and living expenses;
  • Your passport or travel documents (if they were issued by the government);
  • Two pieces of identification from your home country. This can be a birth certificate, driver’s license or any other official document (such as proof of residence) that confirms your identity;

Who is Eligible for a Post-Graduate Work Permit?

  • You must have graduated from a program of study at a Canadian school, and you must be enrolled in or have successfully completed an eligible graduate program.
  • To be eligible, your degree must be from an approved post-secondary institution (including universities, colleges and vocational schools).
  • You must have an offer of full-time, long-term employment from an employer in Canada.
  • You must be able to prove your status as a student by providing a letter from your school confirming that you’re enrolled in or completed an approved post-secondary program.
  • You must also provide proof that you meet the requirements for a work permit (for example, if you’re under 22 years old).

How Long is the Post-Graduate Work Permit Valid For?

The duration of your Post-Graduate Work Permit is dependent on the program of study you are pursuing. If it is a two-year degree, then your postgraduate work permit will be valid for two years. If it is a three year degree, then your postgraduate work permit will be valid for three years and so on.

You may want to check with Immigration Canada to find out what their rules are regarding how long it takes before they issue a new one after you have finished with your studies or if there are any other restrictions involved in obtaining this document.

Working in Canada as an International Student

If you are applying to study in Canada, there are many opportunities for students to work while they’re here. There are a lot of jobs available and no matter what field of study you choose, there will be something that suits your skillset.

While it is possible to work under the status of an international student (and therefore not have some of the restrictions that apply), it can be difficult if you’re looking for full-time employment or even part-time employment because many Canadian companies don’t want their employees working without having graduated from university first. 

However, there are ways around this problem: by finding an employer who understands how important it is for international students’ education plans while still allowing them access to good jobs at reasonable rates!

Getting Started in Canada After Graduation

After you have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, the next step is to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. You can do this either online or through one of the offices located in your city or town.

The first thing to do is fill out an application form that asks about your educational background and work experience. The next page will ask for some personal information such as your name, address and birthdate as well as any other documents that pertain to your application (such as proof of identity). Finally, choose whether or not you would like a temporary resident visa issued instead of permanent residency (this option only applies if there are no family members living overseas). Once done with all this work then submit it along with other supporting materials such as copies of transcripts etc., so we can process them quickly!

consider the option of working a part-time job

If you’re unable to find a job in your field of study, consider the option of working a part-time job while you search for employment in your field. You may be able to find a job in your field or another related field by working part-time while looking for full-time employment.

You can also look into other possibilities such as freelancing or contract work through online forums and websites dedicated to jobs with Canada Post’s Graduate Work Permit program.

How to Apply for Post Graduate Work Permit

The process of applying for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) can be confusing and complicated, especially if you’re unfamiliar with Canadian immigration law. The good news is that there are many experts who can help you through the process. You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer or paralegal before submitting your application in order to ensure that all the necessary documents are included and filed correctly.

The first step in applying for a PGWP is to submit your application to the Canadian Visa Office. You’ll need to include:

  • -Documents proving that you have accepted an offer of employment with a Canadian employer
  • -A certified copy of your education credentials (diplomas, transcripts and degrees)
  • -Any other documents that are relevant to your application
  • -Proof of English language proficiency
  • -A completed application form The next step is to have your application reviewed by a Visa Office. If it’s approved, your file will be sent to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate General where you’ll need to attend an interview.

The Immigration Authorities will then Review your application and decide whether or not to issue you an employment visa. If they do, it will be valid for up to three years and can be extended if necessary.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here