Home Immigration Different Visa in Canada and Their Cost

Different Visa in Canada and Their Cost

You can’t enter Canada without a visa. If you want to visit for a short period (a few days or weeks), then it’s easy: just fill out the online form and pay the fee.

If you’re planning on staying in Canada for longer, like three months or more, then you’ll need a study visa or work visa. There are also other types of visas that allow entry into Canada but have different requirements depending on their purpose and length of stay (e.g., family reunification).

Different Visa in Canada and Their Cost

Canada visa options are very straightforward and you wouldn’t necessarily need an agent or immigration consultant except if your documentations are shaky or you simply need the experience of a consultant to make the process faster. You can apply for most of this visa option online or in person depending where you live. 

The interview could also be done via skype, however, some visa offices may require you to appear in person especially if it your first time applying, or for biometrics verification. 

Visitor Visa (TRV)

The visitor visa (TRV) is the most common type of visa issued to tourists who wish to visit Canada. This type of visa allows you to stay in Canada for up to six months at a time but does not allow you to work or study here.

The cost of this type of visa depends on your nationality, age, and whether or not you have already been granted entry into another country by Canadian authorities. For example: if your country has an agreement with Canada that allows for reciprocal entry privileges between them; then those holders will pay less than those who do not have such an agreement because they must apply through the same channels as all other visitors from outside those countries would do so (i.e., contacting their embassy).

International Experience Canada (IEC)

If you’re a young person aged 18 to 35 and want to work in Canada, the International Experience Canada (IEC) program is for you. The IEC program allows you to work in Canada for up to 12 months under certain conditions. You must have a valid IEC work permit before being allowed into the country as an employee or student.

Express Entry for professionals and others

If you are a professional or someone else who is eligible for Express Entry, then there are several steps that you need to take before applying. The first step is filling out an Expression of Interest (EOI). This will determine if your application has been received and how long it takes for processing.

If your EOI is selected, then your selected profile will be uploaded into the system where employers can view it and contact them directly with job offers if they meet their criteria. You may also receive invitations from employers but these invitations can only be accepted if there are enough jobs available in Canada at the time of invitation (this usually happens within one month).

Provincial Nominee Program

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is a Canadian program that allows you to apply for permanent residence in Canada based on your skills and experience. To be eligible for the PNP, you must fulfill certain requirements:

  • You must have lived in one province outside of Quebec or New Brunswick for at least three years within the past 10 years
  • You must be able to provide proof that you have worked in Canada during those three years as well as any other jobs that would demonstrate your ability to contribute positively to society

The cost of applying through this avenue varies widely depending on what type of work experience and professions you want to enter into upon arrival in Canada. It costs $100 per application fee, which includes processing fees;

Work Permit

It is a good idea to apply for a work permit before you arrive in Canada. This will ensure that you are able to begin working immediately and not have to wait until your visa expires, as it usually takes several months after arrival. There are also other benefits associated with being able to work legally in Canada, such as being able to save money on taxes and health insurance premiums if you choose not to buy them yourself (which can save thousands).

If you already have an existing visa or study permit, then applying for a new one is relatively simple but can be time consuming if necessary paperwork has not been completed properly beforehand. You should expect costs ranging between $250-$500 depending on whether or not there are any additional fees associated with sending documents by mail instead of electronically via email etcetera.

Temporary residence fees for skilled workers range from $200 to $1,000. This fee is charged by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when you apply to enter Canada as a temporary resident. It covers the cost of processing your application, including any necessary health examinations. The temporary residence fee also covers the cost of your medical examination. If you have a spouse or common-law partner and dependent children who are 18 years old or older, they must pay their own fees when they apply for a temporary resident visa.

Can you get a job in Canada before you immigrate? 

Yes! The Canadian government is very open to the idea of overseas workers coming to Canada, as long as they have a job offer from an employer and the ability to support themselves. If you decide that moving to Canada is the best option for your family, but don’t have any savings or an employer lined up yet then we can help with that too! We can connect you with companies in Canada who are actively looking for skilled workers like yourself.

Student Visa

If you want to study in Canada, then the student visa is what you need. It allows students who are between 18 and 24 years old and who have been accepted by a school or university in Canada (or have already graduated from high school) to stay in the country for up to six months.

The process for applying for this type of visa is simple: You can apply online via the CIC official website any time. The next step is filling out an application form that includes many questions about your background information such as education level, occupation history, etc., as well as providing documentation such as copies of diplomas/certificates showing that you are a graduate from high school/university programs.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here