Canada Working Holiday Visa is a great opportunity for young people to travel, work and earn money while exploring Canada. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for a summer job, or taking some time off from university working in another country will give you valuable life experience and make your CV stand out among other applicants.
I’ve been to Canada a few times, but I had never considered living there long-term. But after reading about all the fun and excitement of living in a country like Canada, it’s hard to argue with the idea of wanting to move there for good. So how do you go about applying for a working holiday visa in Canada?
What Is a Working Holiday Visa?
A Working Holiday Visa is a visa that allows you to work in Canada for up to 12 months, with the possibility of extending your stay. You can work anywhere in Canada and any field of employment, including tourism jobs and other industries.
You are not required to have any specific skills or qualifications before applying for this visa; however, we recommend that you have at least some experience working in your field. In addition, if possible, it’s best if you speak some English or French (or both).
Why Apply for a Working Holiday Visa?
Canada is one of the best places to visit, work and study. If you want to experience the country, there are many opportunities for you. You can get a visa that allows you to work or study in Canada for up to 12 months.
You don’t need an education degree or any other qualification but it will help if your English is good enough so that it doesn’t cause any problems when applying for jobs or studying at school (if necessary).
How Long Can I Stay In Canada With a Working Holiday Visa?
The maximum duration of your visa is six months and you must be able to prove that you have enough money to cover all costs while in Canada. You will also need to show proof of health insurance, which can be purchased before or during your stay. Your visa will expire on the last day of your trip, so if possible try to make sure that it doesn’t expire before then!
How Long Does It Take To Apply For A Working Holiday Visa?
It takes about two weeks from the time you submit your visa application until it’s approved by Immigration Canada (IC). If there are any issues with their decision letter, they will contact you within one business day and tell them what needs changing so they can resubmit another version quickly.
What Are the Requirements For a Canadian Working Holiday Visa?
Before you can apply for a Canadian Working Holiday Visa, you must meet these requirements:
- -You must be between the ages of 18 and 30
- -You must have a valid passport from your home country that will remain valid for at least six months after traveling to Canada
- -You must have enough money to support yourself while you’re there (usually around $2,000)
- You must be between the ages of 18-25.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a return ticket that is booked at least 30 days before your arrival in Canada and tickets will not be refunded after they are purchased by the traveler or their travel agent. If this is not possible, then it’s best to find another way around this problem such as booking multiple return tickets together at once instead of buying them separately which could cost more money than if all tickets were bought together at once which would save time as well since there are no extra fees associated with purchasing multiple tickets at once (or even just one).
How to Apply for a Canada Working Holiday Visa
If you are eligible for the Canada Working Holiday Visa, then the process of getting one is fairly easy.
- First, you must apply online through a government website and pay the application fee of $100. You will also need to fill out an online form which asks for personal information about yourself such as your name, gender, date of birth and address along with background information on why you want this visa in order to prove that it is not being used as a way to immigrate illegally into Canada (which would be considered fraud).
- You will also need to provide proof of your eligibility for this visa. This can be done by showing that you have already secured employment in Canada or by providing a letter of invitation from a Canadian individual or organization who is willing to host you while you are there.
- You must also show that you have enough funds available to support yourself while in Canada (this amount varies depending on where in Canada you plan on going).
- Next, you will need to print out and sign the application form along with your passport-sized photo.
- You must also submit proof of insurance for medical coverage (usually available from most travel agents or online) as well as proof that you have enough money to support yourself while in Canada. This can be done through a bank statement showing how much money you have in your account.
- The last thing you need to do is mail or scan the application and all of the documents above (along with any other required documents) to Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Once they receive your application, they will send you an acknowledgement letter telling you whether or not it has been accepted. If it has been accepted, then congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you’re planning on applying for this visa, it will go a long way toward making your trip to Canada more enjoyable. You can also save money by using the Working Holiday Visa program, which will allow you to travel abroad without having to pay any taxes while still maintaining your eligibility for Canadian residency.